Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Hope Will Take You Home.

Hello everyone!


It has been quite a long time since I have shared with you on this here blog page. In all honesty, this will probably one of the few times that I do bring this out of hibernation for the next few months while I finish up my college career.  What I am here to share is really important to me though.

The end of 2012, and the start of 2013 has consumed a lot of bands. One of these bands is made up of who I consider to be my best friends. Owosso, Michigan based sosaveme has decided that it is best for each of the members to step away from the 8 year project so that they are each able to continue to grow individually and pursue other areas of life. 

In today's society, the music industry has almost evolved into a market of mindless lyrics and simple chord progressions. It sells because it is simple and catchy (Yes, I know and I agree that this is a generalization and that not all music falls into this description). My point here is that sosaveme was my first real exposure to music that was raw, honest, and filled with emotion. Each of their tracks were written from the heart and from personal experiences. This allows the listener to connect to the music in a unique way.

The first time that I ever saw sosaveme was at the Rock United show in the summer of 2009 at The Gear Music Venue in Franklin, Indiana. They were the only band out of 8 or so on the bill that I had not seen before. Their message straight up wrecked me. I actually ended up sitting against the wall on the side of the venue crying like a little baby as they played The Crafty Harlot followed by The Sea.

After the show, I ended up talking with Nick (the vocalist) about a friend of mine who was going through a tough time and about my own story a little bit as well. Before I left, he had introduced me to the rest of the guys and gave me his number and told me to keep him updated and to let him know if I ever needed anything. Ever since that night, Nick, Jon, Justin, and Austin have become some of who I consider my best friends and older brothers. I look up to them more than I can express in this little blog post.

I guess what I am trying to get at, is that I strongly encourage you to go and give their music a listen. If you don't have any money to buy an album, let me know and I would gladly order you a copy or something. You can get some of their stuff on Spotify, or purchase it at iTunes or at www.sosaveme.com

Nick, Jon, Justin, and Austin:
Thank you for everything that you have done. The sacrifices you have made to share your music. Taking the time to get to know the people who come out and to see you guys play. Each of you are a huge blessing to those around you. I am very appreciative of each of you and your friendship.


Thank you for taking the time to read this. I have posted a video of one of my favorite songs off of their last album, The Garden. Check it out, and check out the farewell dates this spring as well.

Until next time, 
-Andrew



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More