Monday, December 26, 2011

I Have Sailed 1,000 Ships To You...

but my messages don't seem to make it through...

Why hello there! Again, I would like to take a second and apologize for my absence on here. After completing finals, I went on vacation with my family out of the country and didn't have cell service or internet for the week, and then came back right in time for a busy holiday weekend! I hope that you enjoyed your Christmas! We had a rough and tough start to the holiday here at the Malloy house, but are pushing through and remembering the reason for the season! Anyways, onto some music:

I just recently found a new artist by the name of Rachel Platten. She has been a front page hit on the NoiseTrade website for a good few days now, and I think I can easily say that I am in love haha...but she is taken and chances are that you aren't here to read my ramblings about my musician crushes so I will digress.  The Boston born, and New York City residing singer/songwriter specializes in piano, singing, and also beatboxing! To top it off, she is very impressive at all three. She has been playing piano since she was about 4 years old and started writing when she was in college. Needless to say, she has a lot of talent and deserves some attention. She has a positive pop style with influences ranging from Regina Spektor, Sarah Bareilles, Ingrid Michealson, Ben Folds, and Kate Nash. So give her a listen. I posted my two favorite videos of hers bellow. The first is my favorite song of hers and it is called 1000 Ships, which is where I got the lyrics for the title of this post. The second is just a live performance of the song You Don't Have To Go that demonstrates some of her beatboxing skills. You can also download a special 5 track EP for free on NoiseTrade (link below). If you like these videos, please consider downloading it and even consider donating to help her out! I hope you enjoy her music as much as I have. 


1000 Ships



You Don't Have To Go


NoiseTrade Link:
http://noisetrade.com/rachelplatten

-Andrew

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More