Wednesday, January 18, 2012

This Heart, It Beats, Beats For Only You.

What's up everyone? I am loving J-Term and having so much free time to blog whenever I want haha! Anyway, today I wanted to share one of my favorite Paramore songs with you. The song My Heart comes off of their album All We Know Is Falling. I love it because it balances the pop/punk-ish style with a little screaming towards the end. I know, I know. A lot of you don't like the screaming stuff, but it's not a big part of this song so I think you will still enjoy it! At least give it a try!  Another reason I like it is because of the lyrics. Whether or not it was Haley's, the band's frontwomen, intent I don't know but the lyrics have a lot of faith based in them. What I like about it though is that it's not overbearing like a lot of what is played on Christian radio now-a-days.

One of the main reasons I like Paramore is that over the past few years Josh Farro, the former guitarist of the band, has been one of the biggest influences in my life. Even though I have never met the guy, I have looked up to him. From his playing style all the way to how he handled leaving the band, I have gained a ton of respect for him. I won't get into the whole deal about what happened between the band, his brother Zac, and himself; however, if you would like to read about it here is a link to his blog post on it: http://joshnfarro.blogspot.com/2010/12/josh-and-zacs-exit-statement.html

So here is My Heart. I included a video of the official album recording, and a live version that I like a lot as well. I hope you enjoy!





-Andrew

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More