Thursday, October 27, 2011

Coffee Shop Soundtrack

Day 5's Pick: Coffee Shop Soundtrack by All Time Low

The band All Time Low originally started as a bunch of high school guys wanting to make a Blink-182 cover band. By the time they had graduated high school, they had already signed with their second record label, Hopeless Records. They have since released five studio albums and are now signed to the record label, Interscope.

My love for All Time Low is very bittersweet. I love their guitar tones, and catchy lyrics but I really dislike what they stand for and how they act. Their shows are energetic and killer to be at, but girls legitimately bring extra bras that they write messages on and throw at them, and the band collects them and hangs them from their mic stands. It is disgusting. Not to mention their language on stage. I went to one of their shows in Chicago with some of my friends and I have never heard the F bomb dropped so many times in a two hour time span. Ironically enough, it was one of the most fun shows I have been too. Weird, I know! I don't get it. It might have to do with the memories that came from it like our car getting towed in downtown Chicago, getting punched by a girl, and having a chance to talk to my celebrity musician crush, Cassadee Pope after the show. None the less, a lot of what they stand for and do on stage disgusts me but I love their sound and how talented they are.


Anyways, I digress. The song Coffee Shop Soundtrack was the song that introduced me to the band. Ever since then, I have been hooked. The video carries a humorous theme similar to the Forever The Sickest Kids video I posted yesterday. The song is pretty self explanatory so feel free to check out the videos.

Also, with his being the last installment of the Unplugged series, I decided to add a video of the band performing this song live as well. If you are interested in seeing the energy of their shows that I mentioned, then feel free to check it out. However, I will warn you that as I mentioned, they do like to use vulgar language so if that bothers you, I wouldn't watch that one! Also, due to Hopeless Records' policies, I can't post the original video on my blog, so here is a link for it: 

Coffee Shop Soundtrack Music Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMekefHmLVE&ob=av3e


I hope that you guys enjoyed this series! Check back soon to see what is happening Off the Record!

-Andrew



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More