Sunday, October 23, 2011

Where Are Your Guts To Fly?

Day 1's Pick: Skyway Avenue by We The Kings

Hello! This is the first installment of my week long series on "Unplugged" versions of some of my favorite songs. Each day I will post a little about one of my favorite songs and include the band's music video and an unplugged, or acoustic version of that song.

Getting things started off, I chose Skyway Avenue by the band We the Kings. We the Kings have provided some awesome memories in my life from driving around with friends blaring their album during my high school years to even getting dropped on asphalt while crowd surfing during their set at the 2010 Vans Warped Tour in Indianapolis and then later receive around 20 text messages from people who saw it happen. Needless to say, I definitely have a lot of stories that involve their music!


Their song Skyway Avenue was one of the first songs that got me into the Pop/Punk genre. I was getting ready for school one morning and the video for it came on FuseTV and I was hooked right away. The video is very creative and unique compared to a lot of others out there and that is what caught my attention. The acoustic video posted below it is from one of their acoustic sets at a Best Buy in Tennessee. Granted, Travis' voice isn't as good live as it is in produced recordings, but I love the emotion that he puts into his writings. I hope you like the videos, and remember to check back tomorrow for another one of my favorite songs unplugged!





2 comments:

Cool idea! Can't wait to see if you hit some of my favorites. I love it when bands put acoustic cuts on the ends of the cd as extras. Some I even end up liking better than the originals.

Thanks man! I love those tracks too! I also really like it when bands put out actual acoustic EPs for stuff they have already released like Lights and The Maine.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More