Monday, October 24, 2011

Give Me A Second Go

Day 2's Pick: "Second Go"by LIGHTS.

I first discovered LIGHTS when searching YouTube for Owl City stuff. She has such a unique style that not many artists can match, but carries a similarity to Adam Young of Owl City. LIGHTS was started in 2006 by 19 year old Valerie Poxleitner in her bedroom with a synthesizer and key-tar. She made a couple of low budget music videos and slowly built a fan base. Later on she released her first full-length followed by an acoustic EP, which is phenomenal and I would highly suggest it to anyone to check out on YouTube or Spotify if you have an account on there. It is just titled "LIGHTS Acoustic." She is also featured on the Silverstein song "The End" which I would also suggest to anyone! Overall I could just listen to her voice forever haha.

The music video for Second Go is awesome! The creativity in it just captures the essence of who LIGHTS is. Also, I personally think that it would be really fun to do something like that one day just for the heck of it, which makes the video more appealing to me! Well, I will stop rambling now but make sure to check out the videos and let me know what you think of her style!



Don't forget to check back tomorrow for another song!

-Andrew

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More