Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Your Voice Was The Soundtrack Of My Summer

Day 3's Pick: "Thunder" by Boys Like Girls 

The band Boys Like Girls is very intriguing to me. I loved their first album, but was very disappointed in the direction they decided to take off of stage and for their follow up release. They released a self-titled full length album in 2006 focused around catchy pop vocals followed by their synth heavy and auto-tune laden release Love Drunk in 2009. I also have heard a lot of rumors that as the group became more popular, the guys started acting like jerks which is unfortunately a common side effect of fame in the music industry.

On a brighter note, their lyrics relate to a lot of aspects of life ranging from relationships to the chaos of life.  Their first album was on constant repeat during the last month of my sophomore year of high school and throughout that summer. Some stand out tracks to me were "The Great Escape," "Hero-Heroine,"  and today's unplugged pick "Thunder."

Thunder was the first song that the group wrote together and it is one of my all time favorite songs! Especially the acoustic version. I don't want to bore you with a lengthy description of the song because vocalist Martin Johnson explains his meaning behind the song in the video of the acoustic performance; but I do want to give my reasoning as to why I like this song so much. I apologize for getting all soft on you here, but I feel like it captures the essence of what I want in a relationship/my future marriage. Kind of ironic I know, since the song is about a summer's love lost; but that's how I correlate it and that is just me. Feel free to ask me about this sometime if you want further detail and I would be glad to explain!

Sorry again for going all lame and cheesy there for a minute but I really hope that you enjoy both videos and have a great night!

Be sure to check back tomorrow for my second to last pick of the week!


-Andrew

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More