Monday, October 31, 2011

Memories Of The Light In Your Eyes, Can Take Me Back In Time


Yellowcard

Yellowcard has been around since 1997! They have some really popular songs such as Ocean Avenue, Only One, and Lights and Sounds. I even remember when some of those were played at middle school dances haha! One of their signatures is their violinist. He has a role in each song and it is one of the things that gives Yellowcard their recognizable sound. Anyways, Yellowcard took a hiatus from 2008 to 2010 and then returned by releasing their album When You're Through Thinking, Say Yes this past year. To make their return even bigger, they released an acoustic version of that album a week ago.

To go along with the acoustic record, Hopeless Records released a YouTube video that contains all of the songs from the record. The video itself is about 37 minutes long; however, they used YouTube's "closed caption" function so that all you have to do is click on the title of the song you want to listen to and it will take you straight to that section of the video. It is really cool and I hope that more bands do something similar in the future! 

With the video being so long, I understand the difficulty of listening to all of it but I would definitely recommend listening to the tracks Hide and my personal favorite, Hang You Up. Hang You Up also features guest vocals from one of my favorite female vocalists, Cassadee Pope from Hey Monday! Again, I strongly recommend checking out those two songs or even listening to the whole album if you like to listen to music while studying or something! It is great and I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do!



One last thing. I know you are all busy but if you get a chance, let me know what you think about the whole YouTube video release of the album. Is it a good or bad idea from a business stand point? What about the use of the closed caption function? I just want to know your opinion of the idea!  

-Andrew

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More