Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Hands Down This Is The Best Day I Can Ever Remember

We're going to take it old school tonight and look at the song Hands Down by Dashboard Confessional! Dashboard has been making a music for a long while and is led by the singer/song writer Chris Carrabba (picture to the left). Carrabba was also formerly the vocalist for the group Further Seems Forever before pursuing the Dashboard project.

Dashboard has put out a total of six studio albums. The single Hands Down was released as part of the third studio album "A Mark, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar." It is one of their most popular songs and is about what Carrabba describes as one of the best nights of his life. The video of the song I chose is a live recording of the full band performing live from Abbey Road Studios. There are many different acoustic versions floating around but this is my personal favorite performance of the song. This video also includes a little description of the song from Carrabba himself, which describes what I think is a great part of music and what draws me to it. I hope that you like it! 



Check back tomorrow to see my special Thanksgiving Edition Post featuring the list of the top 10 bands that I am thankful for!

-Andrew

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More