Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Tell Me Something Sweet To Get Me By...

To conclude this week's set of YouTube covers I picked one of my favorite songs. I know that I talked about this song earlier on, but I love it so much that I decided to share it again for those new to reading the blog! The song is If It Means A Lot To You, by the band A Day To Remember. This song really strikes home to me because I have a lot of friends that are in the music industry and I personally hope to work in it one day as well. The lyrics to the song were written by ADTR's front man Jeremy McKinnon and the track also features Sierra Kusterbeck from VersaEmerge. McKinnon's words express the hardships of being on the road touring all of the time. Although the song is focused mostly on a relationship between a guy and a girl, I feel as if it relates to any friendship when someone is on the road touring. There is a lot of stress put on certain friendships and it can get hard.

This Wild Life is the group that did the cover, and all though they don't present the back and forth between a female and male vocalist, they still nail the cover. It is by far the best I have found yet. If you like this version I would suggest YouTube searching the original because it is cool to see how both sides of the story are represented from Jeremy and Sierra.



I hope you enjoyed it and have a great rest of the week! Make sure to check back soon for some more music! Love you guys!

-Andrew

4 comments:

Solid post bro. I haven't made time to read your blog yet, but I will now be following and sharing posts you make! :) Love it bro! Keep it coming.

Thanks for the encouragement man! I appreciate it so much!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More