Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving - Music Style: Part 1

Today, as we all celebrate a day of Thanksgiving by hanging out with family, eating a lot of food, and remembering what we are thankful for I just wanted to take the chance to share with you some of the bands that I am extremely thankful for! In doing this I wanted to make sure that I expressed my thanks for the mainstream bands that have impacted my life, but also my friends who are in bands from the midwest area! That being said, I decided to split up today's post into two parts. The second post will be posted later this evening, so make sure to check back this evening for Part 2!

In this first post I wanted to focus on the bands from the midwest area that I have become friends with. So here you go:


5. My Hidden Track
I don't personally know these guys, but they are from Indianapolis and I have loved their music since high school. They are broken up now, but I still play their record Hey Love at least once a week (it is actually serving as my soundtrack to writing this post haha)! They are great musicians and I love their sound. I will say that I am not a fan of some of the language they use, but overall their sound is great if you can get past a little profanity. They have left a huge impression on the music scene in Indianapolis. Thanks for the great music guys!

www.facebook.com/myhiddentrack










4. PIONEER 
PIONEER, was originally formed as the group News From Verona and recently changed their name and signed to the label Slospeak Records. Back in high school I put on a fundraiser show and these guys came out to play for free to help the cause. Ever since then they have been good friends and I am really excited to see where they go! I am very thankful for their generosity and the impact they are making on the music scene! I hope that they continue to grow and are able to reach the lives of others as they begin touring again. Thanks for everything guys!!!
www.pioneertheband.com




3. Forgotten Tragedy
FT decided to separate back in 2009. A lot of the former members are pursuing other projects, and some are pursuing careers. Two of them are in the band ForeverAtLast, and two of them are doing their own side project Pensive Sky (check them out on Facebook and listen to their new track "In The Desert!" It is really good! :]). I am very thankful for this group and all of their members from earlier on all the way up to their final lineup. I first saw these guys when I was a freshman in high school. After the show I talked to one of them and he invited me to their weekly Bible study and they took me in as a friend straight from the get go! This group gave me my first chance to get involved and help in the world of music and without them, I would have no foundation which I would be able to grow on like I am now! So thank you so much AJ, Ana, Craig, J-Dub, Jared, Mikey, Tip, and Zeke! You guys are incredible and I can't thank you enough!
www.facebook.com/pensivesky
www.facebook.com/forgottentragedy




2. Sosaveme
I first met Sosaveme at show in Franklin, IN. After their set I went up to them to buy a record and tell them that they did a great job that night. Little did I know that I had just met some of my best friends and role models. I loved their set so much that the next time they came back for a show, I made sure that I didn't miss it. After the set I went up to talk to them again, and they remembered me! This blew my mind! Ever since then, I have gotten to grow closer to them and learn from them. They have served as role models of mine in what it means to grow and be a man of faith. The lyrics to each song have connected to me in a way that most music hasn't been able to. When listening to their albums it's hard to not think that a lot of the songs were written for something that I am going through in life. I have discussed this with some friends and they say they get the same feeling. It is crazy how that works. SSM just released their newest album The Garden and I would highly recommend giving a listen if you get the chance! Thanks Austin, Jon, Justin, and Nick for being their for me, and helping me try to figure out this thing called life. I love you guys and am very thankful for what you do!
www.sosaveme.com




1. ForeverAtLast
The members of this group have become some of my greatest friends. They are pretty much like brothers and a sister to me, and I am very greatful for that! They have each influenced me more than I can put to words. This has occurred both through their music and through their lives and willingness to reach out. They truly care about those they come in contact with which is hard to find in musicians these days. I am also very excited for them because they just signed their first label contract to Sancrosanct Records and will be releasing their debut record this coming Spring! Make sure you check it out when it drops! Brittany, Chris, Jared, Jordan, and Mikey..Thank you so much for all that you have done to help me grow as a person, a friend, and a musician! I love you guys! 
www.foreveratlast.com


Thanks for reading! Make sure you check back later tonight for Part 2!

Happy Thanksgiving!
-Andrew

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More